erica

erica

I like stuff with romantic elements and angst, usually YA, fantasy, paranormal/urban fantasy or variations thereof. Usually wrinkles nose at sci-fi due to unlikely tech. Straight girl who likes boys that like boys!

The Friend Zone
Progress: 56/276 pages
Pivot Point
Kasie West
Progress: 36/237 pages

Reading progress update: I've read 152 out of 480 pages.

The Wild Girl - Kate Forsyth

This book is just not doing it for me. I've not read a word in 10 days - I keep picking up books I've read before, reading a little here and there, before trying - and failing! - to convince myself to go back to this.

It feels like I really shouldn't find this so boring, but I really, really do. Too many characters I don't care about, too much bleakness, too many annoying sisters, Dorthe using far too much time growing up - the book starts when she's 12 and by now she's only sixteen. And while I am grateful that Wilhelm is not being a pedofile and is therefore NOT returning her adoration, and is hardly even noticing his little sister's best friend, nothing is HAPPENING - you know, except Napoleon conquering Europe and installing his siblings as rulers. But who cares?!?

I suspect friends tell me true when they say I should stay the fuck away from Anna Karenina when I can't even get through this before wanting to stab a fork into my brain. Oh, well, I guess it can stay on my "currently reading" list a bit more so I can trick myself into thinking I will finish it sometime.

While performing this lovely self-deluding experiment, I think I will re-read Mnevermind 1 & 2 - the third book is coming out next week. Some gritty Jordan Castillo Price. Hooray!