erica

erica

I like stuff with romantic elements and angst, usually YA, fantasy, paranormal/urban fantasy or variations thereof. Usually wrinkles nose at sci-fi due to unlikely tech. Straight girl who likes boys that like boys!

The Friend Zone
Pivot Point
Kasie West
Progress: 36/237 pages
Pivot Point  - Kasie West 3.5 stars

Wow - two time-lines, two parallel stories told in alternating chapters, showing two very different versions of the next 6 weeks of Addie's life. The book is really well executed and cohesive despite switching back and forth, and Addie's character growths for the diverging paths is unique to each story. The little bits where the plot-lines from each story suddenly weaved together and touched were really cool. I liked Norm-Addie so much - probably because she got to meet Trevor, who was awesome!, and stays away from the Douche, who was not awesome whatsoever.

I felt that I was left a little hanging at the end - with one more chapter I am sure the story could have been wrapped up a little more, given me closure of sorts. Of course, there is book two coming out next year, which I guess is the reason for non-closure. Sigh.

Hope there is more Trevor and much less Douche in the next instalment.