erica

erica

I like stuff with romantic elements and angst, usually YA, fantasy, paranormal/urban fantasy or variations thereof. Usually wrinkles nose at sci-fi due to unlikely tech. Straight girl who likes boys that like boys!

The Friend Zone
Progress: 56/276 pages
Pivot Point
Kasie West
Progress: 36/237 pages
Stray (Touchstone, #1) - Andrea K. Höst I don't usually read sci-fi, but I though the premise sounded interesting enough to try. I liked the diary-form of the narrative, and that it is a YA not focusing on instalove or relationships at all, really, just a girl's pretty pragmatic approach to surviving in a really messed up situation.

My biggest beef with this book was the pacing. It swung between boring and interesting, and I found parts pretty repetetive. Particularly monster hunting through spaces. Could have done with less of that. I also thought there were way too many secondary characters to try to remember, due to all the Sentari squads. I cared about very few of them as you never get a feel for who they are (it's Cass' diary after all, and so she's not all that interested in doing character analysis). Most of the time I could only remember the captains.